As of March 31, 2021, the Google Cloud Support Portal has been shut down and accessing the portal will give you this error:
You'll probably ask, "Where can I manage my Client ID or contact support moving forward?"
Prior to the shutdown, Google Maps Client ID management and support have been migrated to the GCP Console. During the migration period, the two platforms were synced so tasks performed in one location were reflected in both. Things worth mentioning on this migration:
- Only active Client IDs have been migrated. If your Client ID is no longer available to serve traffic, it will not be available in the GCP Console.
- The GCP Console support page does not provide a way to manage support cases. It will not list cases created through the Google Cloud Support Portal .
With this migration, you can now perform Client ID management and contact Google support through GCP Console > Google Maps Platform:
- Client ID management: go to GCP Console > Google Maps Platform > Credentials > then scroll down to Client ID section. Perform client ID tasks as follows (not limited to):
- Modify list of authorized URLs
- Pause and un-pause Client IDs
- View cryptographic keys
- Contact Google support: go to GCP Console > Google Maps Platform > Support
IMPORTANT: To perform the two tasks above, your account must be assigned with Project Owner or Editor roles as these have the required permissions to project resource management.
Please refer to Google Cloud Support Portal Migration FAQ for more information about this topic.
Note: We highly recommend using API keys which provides the modern authentication mechanism with benefits over the Client ID model. For more information about API keys, please refer to the following Google documentation and Woolpert support article.
Using API keys
I am a former Maps for Work/Premium Plan customer. Can/should I continue to use my Client ID?
Please sign in to leave a comment.