To get up running quickly with the Google Maps Platform web services, take a look at our Postman Collection for example API requests.
- Create a free Postman account if you do not already have one.
- If you simply want to browse the collection, view it here.
Send live API requests
- To send a live request or save changes to the requests, you must fork. Click Run in Postman and then Fork Collection.
- Create a Google Maps API key or find an existing API key if you already have one. See Start a new Google Maps project with Woolpert.
- All API requests use environment variables for authentication. Open the Sandbox environment. Find the variable YOUR_API_KEY and insert your API key as the Current Value. Click Save.
- Open one of the collections to find an example API request. Set the active environment (top right corner) to Sandbox. Click on the request to open it and click Send.
We do our best to maintain this collection but you may find a request or two that isn't working. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.