Cloud Console provides two primary ways to limit Maps Platform costs: budget alerts and quotas.
- proactively manage bill by sending email notifications to one or more interested parties at spend levels you define
- recipients include all users with role Billing Admin or Billing User
- per-billing account, per-project, or per-product
- advanced options using Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- managed by any user with Billing Admin role
- establish hard caps on daily usage or limit bursting
- set per-API in a given GCP project
- impacts all users of the API across all API keys and client id's in the project
- managed by any user with Project Owner or Editor roles
The Maps developer's help provides detailed instructions in creating budget alerts and quotas.