Initial page load
- Avoid displaying overlay content when a map is moving - Only add or remove overlay content from a map once the user stops panning or zooming.
- Avoiding intensive operations in Draw methods - Avoid things like executing queries, manipulating the DOM, etc.
Dealing with large datasets
- Using raster images for markers - Prefer png/jpg over svg.
- Optimizing markers - Render large number of markers as a single static element.
- Creating clusters to manage marker display - Represent many nearby markers as a cluster, with a single symbol. Also consider Marker Spiderfier.
- High performance data visualizations with deck.gl - Efficiently present large volumes of data with deck.gl.
- Try out Vector Maps - Take advantage of the user's device GPU for rapid map rendering.