Here is the scenario. You log in to Cloud Console with your enterprise domain account (email@example.com) but, after the authentication process is complete, the logged-in user indicates your personal gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org). What's happening? One potential cause is an alternate email address associated with your Google account. In this particular scenario, your enterprise domain account is listed as an alternate address for your personal gmail account.
In order to fix this switching behavior and avoid it in the future, we need to remove the enterprise domain account as an alternate email address from your personal gmail account. Here are the steps:
- When logged in with your personal gmail account (email@example.com), open your My Google Account page.
- In the menu on the left panel, select Personal info.
- In the main panel, scroll down to Contact info. Click on the side controls for EMAIL to edit your email settings.
- In the email settings page, scroll down to Alternate emails.
- Check if your enterprise domain account (firstname.lastname@example.org) email is listed as an alternate email. If yes, remove it:
- Click Manage alternate emails. You may be prompted to log in again.
- Click the trash bin icon on the side of the email address you want to remove - in this case, your enterprise domain account (email@example.com).
- Log out of Cloud Console and then log back in using your enterprise domain account. Verify that the account switching behavior does not occur anymore.
Important: You still need one of the Project Owners to add access to your enterprise domain account via Cloud Console > IAM & Admin > IAM page. Once your enterprise domain account is added, your personal gmail account can be removed.