The first step in the ODRD/LMFS onboarding process is getting whitelisted to access to the APIs, SDKs, and documentation. Woolpert will work with Google and submit a support ticket on your behalf to start your Google Mobility journey.
Before we can submit the request, we need you to do three things:
- Create a Google Group: <group-name>@<domain>.com
- Identify a project to enable ODRD/LMFS (Project ID and Project Number)
- Provide your current Billing Account ID associated with your ODRD project.
* Not required if you already have a Billing Account managed through Woolpert.
Creating a group should be easy if you are currently using Google Workspace or Cloud Identity. The group will enable access to the documentation and SDKs. There is a free version of Cloud Identity available, and if you need further help, Woolpert is here to help with our Cloud Identity QuickStart.
Note: Workspace Groups are not the same as Google Groups (ending in
@googlegroups.com). Only Workspace Groups are supported. If your organization cannot create Workspace Groups, send to Google a list of user and service account emails that need access to these artifacts.
There are two options to decide on which GCP project to use. You can either create a new project or use an existing project:
- Create a new project for a clean start, enabling better billing and usage tracking.
- Use an existing project so that you don't have to generate/use new API keys in your current application.
Let us know if you need help creating a new project or deciding which option to choose.
Grant Woolpert Access
As an additional step, we ask that you grant the Woolpert support team access to your project. Add email@example.com to your project with Project Viewer and Tech Support Editor roles.
If you do not currently have a billing account managed through Woolpert, we need you to provide us with the Billing Account ID associated with your GCP project. To view the billing account linked to a project, go to the Manage Billing Accounts page in Google Cloud Console.